Important phone numbers
State Police – 113
Financial Police Force – 117
Fire Department – 115
Forestry Department – 1515
Coast Guard 1530
Traffic Reports – 1528
- Italy is a safe country to travel like most developed countries.
- There are few incidents of serious violence. Almost every major incident is attributed to organized crime or anarchist movements and rarely, if ever, directed at travelers or foreigners.
- Petty crime can be a problem for unsuspecting travelers.
- Travelers should note that pickpockets often work in pairs or teams, occasionally in conjunction with street vendors.
- The rate of violent crimes in Italy is considered “moderate” and while some violent crimes are committed against travelers, this is normally not a problem.
Click here to see Canadian Government Travel Reports and Warnings on http://www.voyage.gc.ca/. Travel Reports offer information on safety and security, local laws and customs, entry requirements, health conditions and other important travel issues.